Focused Estate Planning Guidance
Many people put off estate planning with the thought that the plan will not be needed until they pass away. However, life is full of twists and turns. Who will manage your business, your finances or pay the mortgage should you become incapacitated in a sudden accident? Who will speak for you to explain your wishes about health care should you be unable to speak for yourself? Creating an estate plan is not just for the super wealthy or the elderly.
Personal Service And More Than 36 Years Of Experience For Your Peace Of Mind
Zapolis & Associates, P.C., is a preeminent estate planning law firm in Mokena, serving Northern Illinois. Our attorneys and professional staff have helped generations of families preserve wealth, set up affordable plans to transfer assets to heirs, beneficiaries and legatees, and put in place plans that provide clear instructions for managing affairs during times of incapacity to spare loved ones the stress and real expense associated with setting up guardianships.
If you do not already have an estate plan in place — or have not reevaluated your plan in light of your current circumstances — do not put your legacy at risk. We can discuss how cost-effective a plan can be during a free and confidential consultation. Creating a plan today is a loving gift you can give your family to help them to avoid from strife and costs associated with probate court during a time of mourning.
We Put Your Estate Planning Interests First
We will analyze your unique circumstances, discuss your family dynamics and help you choose the best strategy that serves your estate planning goals — during your life and after your death. We will fully explain the available options, including:
- The benefits of creating a trust: A living trust is a cost-effective, versatile instrument that will serve you in life and after your death. You do not have to relinquish control of your assets to create a trust. For special needs families, creating a special needs trust can protect your loved one from losing eligibility for important government benefits.
- How to address the challenges of estate planning for blended families: If you have children from a previous relationship, they may be at risk of being disinherited without a legal plan to ensure your wishes are followed. We are well-versed in addressing the estate planning issues that blended families face.
- When advance directives are needed: Living wills, powers of attorney and similar advance directives may be a vital part of your estate plan to help your family avoid guardianship and other court hearings.
- How to protect the family business through a detailed succession plan: Small-business owners frequently expect the business will stay in the family. However, disputes among loved ones can spoil your intent without clearly, and legally, explaining your vision of how to pass the business along to your loved ones.
- Unique concerns about estate and gift taxes: Most individuals and families have unfounded concerns about estate taxes. We will allay your fears and provide focused guidance on how to minimize your exposure to taxes.
When you work with our seasoned lawyers and legal team, we take the time to get to know you. We will fully review the relevant details to help create the best strategy to fulfill your unique wishes and goals.
Call For A Free Consultation To Get Started
To arrange your free consultation, contact us online now or call 708-390-8936. Weekend and evening appointments are available by request. Based in Mokena, we serve clients throughout the Chicago metropolitan area and Northern Illinois.