Arrange A No Pressure
Free Consultation 708.390.8936
Experienced. Trusted. Responsive.

December 2019 Archives

Who can be an elderly person's guardian?

When your mother or father reaches an age or level of disability where they need regular assistance with their care, you may want to seek guardianship. Elderly guardianship, which you may also hear called elderly conservatorship, is a relationship recognized by the courts that gives an individual the legal power to care for someone who can no longer care for themselves. The appointed guardian has to fulfill certain obligations regarding the elderly person's care.

Here are 3 things to do to have someone declared incompetent

If there is one thing that you should know about estate planning, it is that you or your loved one must be competent when creating the plan. Someone who doesn't understand the documents that are being drawn up or who doesn't realize what rights they're signing away has no actual legal ability to sign. Someone who is not competent may make serious errors or easily get taken advantage of, which is something the law tries to eliminate.

What are some reasons to have trusts in your estate plan?

If you want to do all you can to protect your estate, then it may be smart to set up a trust. A trust should be considered to be an essential part of your estate plan because of the potential benefits. However, most estate plans don't actually establish a trust, even though they're fairly easy to set up.

Get Help Now

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Zapolis & Associates, P.C.
9991 191st Street
Mokena, IL 60448

Phone: 708-390-8936
Phone: 708-478-5050
Fax: 708-478-5052
Mokena Law Office Map

Review Us