Arrange A No Pressure
Free Consultation 708.390.8936
Experienced. Trusted. Responsive.

October 2019 Archives

Consider a special needs trust for your child's inheritance

If you have a child with a disability that you'd like to take care of if you pass away, then you may want to set up a special needs trust. A special needs trust is created to hold assets that are to be managed for another person's benefit. For example, you could set aside $100,000 for your disabled adult child and have a trustee manage those funds for them.

What can't trusts do?

Trusts are good addition to most estate plans. Not only can they help you avoid probate, they also allow you to disperse assets according to certain rules and conditions. However, some assets shouldn't be placed in a trust, according to The Balance. Using a trust effectively offers the greatest benefit to your heirs, as well as your estate. 

How will divorce affect my estate plan?

Divorce causes a lot of changes in a person's life. This is especially true when it comes to estate plans, which many people neglect after their divorce has been finalized. Not updating your estate plan will cause major issues and may even result in probate court if you fail to remove your ex-spouse as an heir. Forbes explains what changes should be made to estate planning documents after a divorce so you can rest assured it continues to meet your wishes. 

How can I choose the right guardian for my child?

It's not a subject most parents want to think about. Picking a guardian for your child should something happen to you and your spouse can be difficult, but it's important to ensure your child is well cared for in case something happens. According to Forbes, there are important questions you should ask yourself when making the decision, and these questions can help you make the best choice. 

Get Help Now

How Can We Help You?

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Zapolis & Associates, P.C.
9991 191st Street
Mokena, IL 60448

Phone: 708-390-8936
Phone: 708-478-5050
Fax: 708-478-5052
Mokena Law Office Map

Review Us